- India is the 3rd largest economy in the world (10th in 2005).
- Economic growth of 5.6 % (2014).
- Boom in the economy is matched by an increase of population’s wealth; rising middle class of over 250 million with an apetite for consumption
- Continuous urbanization and changing consumer habits, resulting in increased demand for packaged food & drinks.
- Flourishing federal states: Gujarat, Maharashtra, Haryana and Punjab.
- The federal states Maharashtra (Mumbai) and New Delhi attract the most foreign investments (in total 23 % of foreign investment).
- Indian government aims to double food production within 5 years.
- Governmental policies focused on economic change & integration in the world economy.
- Many multinationals have started outsourcing business to India as it has a highly skilled labor force and a sound economic policy.
- Forecasted economic growth of 6.4% in 2015.
- As of Nov 2014, India has become the only country in the world with the largest youth population (356 million); By 2034, India will have the largest population in the world (est. 1.6 billion people).
Interesting sectors for Dutch companies
- Infrastructure, agriculture, food & food processing, logistics, textiles, retail development, water management, construction industry, automotive, (renewable) energy.
The team in the Netherlands responsible for India
Mr Uyttewaal is an agriculture expert who has been active in the production of processed vegetables since 1975. From 1998 until 2011 Mr Uyttewaal executed activities in India, where he as chairman of I.A.P. Ltd. constructed a new production facility for gherkins. Recently, he became Partner India at Larive.
Ms Lamme has extensive knowledge and experience in doing business in India, she have assisted a large number of Dutch companies with their business development, market entry and growth strategy in India.
Mr Uyttewaal Ms Lamme
Founded in 2008 by Adrian Mutton, Sannam S4 (www.sannams4.com) supports international organizations with their market entry and ongoing business development and businesses support services in India, China and Brazil. Sannam S4 provides a unique blend of sector expertise mixed with technical delivery skills in finance and accounting, tax and compliance, market research, staff recruitment and HR advisory, marketing and administration and a network of business centers to support new entrants to the market.
Adrian Mutton, Chief Executive Officer
After twenty years of entrepreneurship in India and the successful sale of two prior India-based companies, Adrian created Sannam S4 so that he could work with the world’s best universities and companies as they sought similar success establishing operations in India.
Kapil Dua, Co-Founder, Group CFO & Director of Financial Consulting
Kapil is a financial entrepreneur with over 12 years of experience of designing & executing Indian Market Entry Strategies and of advocating for more than 250 international clients in Hong Kong, Singapore, Germany, Jersey and the UK.
Ed Dixon, Group Chief Operating Officer & Managing Director
Ed launched his India expertise more than fifteen years ago establishing a 300+ person operation in Bangalore. He then moved into India’s BPO industry, and has since helped numerous companies develop global efficiencies and greater sales in India.
Mr Mutton Mr Dua Mr Dixon
Sannam S4 offices in India:
Larive has a long history in assisting Western companies in the Agro & Food sector. The Indian agro-food sector is growing significantly and offers vast business opportunities for innovative Dutch companies applying high tech solutions along the value chain. The Netherlands is among the largest exporters of agro-food products and has a leading reputation in the food processing industry. Larive is the initator of the public private partnership FoodTechHolland, offering Dutch agro-food companies and knowledge institutes the opportunity to jointly develop business in India.
The companies and knowledge institutes active in FoodTechHolland combine strengths to realize a long-term presence in India. Objective is to strengthen relations with local companies and institutes, identify business opportunities and realize commercial involvement in India.
More information via www.foodtechholland.com.
- PIB HortiTechIndia: Dutch solutions to upgrade the Indian Horticulture sector
- Hoe u meer omzet kunt realiseren in buitenlandse markten met DHI-subsidie
- How to realize more turnover in foreign markets with DHI-subsidy
- Aftermovie FoodTechHolland
- Opportunities and challenges in agri-food chains in India: Lessons learned by FoodTechHolland