Openasia Consulting is founded in 1993. A management buy-out and many years later the initial company has grown into the investment holding Openasia Group, 100% owned by 3 individual partners with 1,200 people operating today in Vietnam, and has invested and solidly developed 4 lines of businesses:
- Management & Technology Consulting (Openasia Consulting Limited)
- Luxury Retail (Tam Son Limited)
- Aeronautics (Vinaero Limited)
- Private Equity Investment (OMVEST Limited)
It has built an extensive collaborative business partnership with Larive International since 2001 to serve network clients with multiple-markets development strategy across Asia.
Vietnam will have turned itself from post-war agrarian society to a 100 million consumers market by 2020. Due to its abundant resources (fertile river grounds, offshore oil and gas, onshore coal and mineral) and strategic location on the regional trade route of Asia it’s an interesting country for any company looking to invest in Asia. Furthermore societal changes powered by a high literacy rate (94 %), young population (67.9% between 15-64), large labor force (51.39 million) and increasing incomes (classified as lower middle income by the World Bank in 2008) lead to a changing mind set and a country open to global thinking.
Sectors of interest in Vietnam are:
- Aviation (strategic partnership with private budget airlines, equitisation of national airlines, airport development)
- Banking and Finance (strategic partnership and/or management/technical assistance contracts with private banks)
- Consumer products (food and beverages, household and body cares, construction materials, etc)
- Energy development (oil & gas, power generation, coal supply and imports)
- Infrastructure (public-private partnership in mass transit facility, bridge and road construction, sea ports)
- Manufacturing – Others (agricultural produce processing, seafood processing, textiles)
- Property and real estates (residential and retail property development in large cities)
- Telecom (strategic partnership with private/privatized mobile phone operators)
With over 19 years of experience and a varied team existing of sector experts, professionals and engineers, Openasia has the local expertise and resources to support clients in market entry strategy and technology management and solutions with a focus on Vietnam. They provide tailor-made solutions to both local and multinational companies.
Doan Viet Dai Tu has acquired a solid experience in investment and as a business consultant in Australia, France and Vietnam since 1986. Vice-Chairman of the French Chamber of Commerce in Vietnam from 1999 to 2005, Dai Tu is also Chairman of Lafarge Vietnam BoM and Board Member of Gras Savoye Willis. He leads the Group’s Corporate Investment and supervises the business of management consulting.
Nguyen Thi Nhung joined Openasia in 1994. Her unique experience of investment, transactions and business development is one of Openasia’s greatest assets. Nhung has been a Board Member of the Hanoi French Hospital and Lafarge Vietnam. She holds an MBA from the ESCP (Paris) and the CFVG (Hanoi).
Openasia Consulting have an unmatched track record in supporting multinational and local companies to establish, improve and expand in Vietnam since 1993, and many have been completed in collaboration with Larive International.
- Hoe u meer omzet kunt realiseren in buitenlandse markten met DHI-subsidie
- How to realize more turnover in foreign markets with DHI-subsidy
- Facility for Sustainable Entrepreneurship and Food Security (FDOV) (July, 2014)
- Dutch Good Growth Fund (June, 2014)
- Transitiefaciliteit open for new applications (January, 2014)