The Sustainable Entrepreneurship and Food Security Facility (FDOV)
The Sustainable Entrepreneurship and Food Security Facility (FDOV) is a public-private partnership programme of the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs funding projects in the field of food security and private sector development in developing countries.
FDOV focuses on the following themes:
- Improving food security:
- Improving local or regional availability of qualitatively good food and nutrition for the local market.
- Improving market efficiency and making food value chains more sustainable.
- Sustainable entrepreneurship:
- Stimulating inclusive business, thereby positively impacting low-income groups – employees, producers and entrepreneurs alike.
- Stimulation of women–entrepreneurship.
Consortia of companies, knowledge institutions and NGO’s can apply for FDOV. Within this partnership at least one partner should be from the Netherlands and one should be from the country where the project activities will be implemented. One of the partners will apply for the grant and will act as contract party to the Ministry on behalf of the partnership.
FDOV contributes up to 50% of the project costs, up to EUR 3 MN (total project costs being EUR 6 MN). The consortium has to co-finance the other 50% (time, financial investment). Projects must be implemented within a maximum of 7 years.
Projects can be implemented in one of the countries included in the FDOV country list:
- Africa: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Congo Kinshasa, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Cape Verde, Kenya, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Niger, Nigeria, Uganda, Rwanda, Sao Tome, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Senegal, Tanzania, Tunisia, Zambia, Zimbabwe, South Africa and South Sudan
- Asia: Afghanistan, Armenia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Philippines, India, Indonesia, Laos, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Vietnam
- Europe: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Kosovo, Macedonia and Moldavia.
- Middle East: Yemen, Jordan and Palestinian Territories.
- South America: Bolivia, Colombia, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Peru and Suriname.
Larive has successfully initiated and coordinates FDOV projects during previous tenders (2012, 2015) in East Africa (aquaculture – FoodTechAfrica) and India (horticulture – FoodTechIndia).
Larive International has extensive experience with the FDOV facility and has successfully initiated FDOV projects during previous tenders (2012, 2014). At current, Larive International coordinates FDOV projects in East Africa (aquaculture) and India (horticulture). Larive has (partner) offices in most of the FDOV applicable countries, strong track record in the agro-food sector, extensive experience with initiating and coordinating projects with consortia of public and private partners and an excellent relationship with the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
A new call for the Facility for Sustainable Entrepreneurship and Food Security (FDOV) program is expected to open in Q2 2018. More information will be published at the Larive website.