Every year, the WorldBank assesses regulations affecting domestic firms in 183 economies and ranks the economies in 10 areas of business regulation, such as starting a business, resolving insolvency and trading across borders.
- Singapore led on the overall ease of doing business, followed by Hong Kong, New Zealand, the United States and Denmark.
- South-Korea was a new entrant to the top 10.
- Morocco improved its business regulation the most compared to other global economies, climbing 21 places to 94.
- China, India and Russia are among the economies that improved the most last 5 years.
- The Netherlands is at place 31.
Would you like to do business in emerging markets? Please contact Larive International.