Meet the Larive team during the ICA Summit in Munich on 13-14 October 2021
Opportunities & Challenges in the automotive industry
High growth markets such as China, India, Indonesia, Korea, Thailand, the Czech Republic and Russia have shown a rapid increase in the sales of vehicles (personal cars, trucks and motorcycles), in line with evolving consumer demands. In parallel, these markets have become important sourcing locations, hosting networks of automotive suppliers and related services.
Larive supports clients active in the automotive industry, including original equipment manufacturers (OEM), distributors and specialized suppliers, to deal with the complexity of entering and operating in Asia, Central and Eastern Europe, Turkey and Sub Saharan Africa. During the past decades, Larive supported companies such as Aalberts Industries, Brabant Alucast, Brink Towbars, DAF Trucks, Filtration Group Corporation, Groupe Plastivaloire, Inalfa Roof Systems, Mirror Control International, Motul, Nedschoef and Pon Automotive with tapping into the opportunities of high growth markets and organize existing supply chains more effectively.
ICA (Innovation, Connectivity, Autonomous) expo: Automotive leaders gather for a 2-day event
On Wednesday 13 and Thursday 14 October 2021, leaders from the automotive industry will gather at the Westin Grand hotel in Munich, Germany, to discuss the latest developments and insights about the future outlook concerning innovation, connectivity and autonomous driving.
Larive International will be joining the ICA Summit’ conference sessions, presentations and panel discussions and share its views with respect to developments in the automotive industry in the emerging markets of Asia, Central and Eastern Europe, Turkey and Sub Saharan Africa. Visit our booth at the ICA Summit (www.ica-summit.com).
Larive – The leading emerging markets advisor for the automotive industry
Thanks to our presence in 25 high growth markets, Larive combines international experience with local understanding of market dynamics. Our support usually includes a mix of in-depth business intelligence, developing winning market entry & growth strategies, structuring successful partnerships or localizing manufacturing capacity, allowing automotive companies to speed up processes while reducing risks. Typical inquiries include:
In-depth business intelligence:
- Which local players are active in our product-service portfolio? Which route-to-market model do they apply?
- What are the import regulations for our products? Which local content requirements do we need to meet to qualify for duty, taxes and other privileges?
- What are examples of successful foreign automotive players in the market? How are they structured?
Developing winning market entry & growth strategies:
- What is the obtainable market we could capture?
- Which (in)organic business development efforts should be implemented to realize a top-3 market position?
- Which budgets should be made available for investments within the next 10 years?
Structuring successful partnerships:
- What are the legal structures available fitting our business objectives and what are the pros & cons?
- Which potential partners are locally present having assembly and after-sales capabilities? Which are trustworthy and would be open for a partnership and co-invest with us?
- Could you help us structure the optimal commercial, legal and fiscal partnership?
Localizing manufacturing capacity:
- What is the optimal location for our new plant?
- Could you support us during negotiations with real estate developers?
- Are there any (regional) incentives available we could apply for?