- Position: Technical poultry project manager
- Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Project title: PoultryTechBangladesh; Empowering the Bangladeshi poultry sector
- Duration: 2 years
Young Expert Programmes
This vacancy is a position for participating in YEP Programmes. Please read the guidelines and rules before applying on our website:
If you have any questions about YEP or this position please contact the YEP Programme Bureau.
The YEP Programme Bureau can be contacted via:
The Netherlands Water Partnership (NWP) acts as the Programme Bureau’s lead agency.
Larive is looking for a technical project manager for its poultry projects in Bangladesh.
Larive International, established in 1975, is a Netherlands-based international business development advisory firm specialized in assisting companies with developing and implementing market entry and growth strategies in high-growth markets (www.larive.com).
To support clients locally, Larive has local (partner) offices in 24 countries in Asia, Sub Saharan Africa, Central and Eastern Europe and Turkey, combined in the Larive Group. Larive’s office in the Netherlands is based in Zeist.
Our services include business and market intelligence, market entry and growth strategy development, transaction advisory and implementation support. Larive supports a wide range of multinational companies and niche SMEs, predominately active in the agro-food, automotive, energy (equipment) manufacturing industries. In addition, Larive initiates and coordinates clusters of companies active in various agro-food value chains with implementing projects in high growth markets.
During the past decade, Larive has established strong capabilities in the poultry sector, notably in South and South-East Asia. In Bangladesh, Larive has initiated a public-private partnership (‘PPP’) between leading Dutch and Bangladeshi companies and knowledge institutes active in the poultry value chain. The goal of the PPP is to further strengthen the commercial positioning of the project partners in Bangladesh and contribute to improving the capabilities of stakeholders in the poultry sector in Bangladesh and competitiveness of the industry, by transferring know-how (e.g. providing training programs) and demonstrating best practices. The project is co-funded by the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Dhaka.
The PPP started per 1 April 2021 and will last till 31 December 2025. As part of the PPP, a range of activities will be implemented on behalf of and together with the Project Partners, including conducting market and investment studies, establishing demonstration facilities (hatchery, farms, slaughterhouse), providing training programs (breeding & hatching, feed, farming and slaughtering) and the organization of international visits (once international travel conditions will again allow).
Larive is looking for a candidate who will act as technical poultry project manager for the PPP in Bangladesh.
Since 2020, Larive is formally represented in Bangladesh via LightCastle Partners Ltd, a data-driven business consulting firm, supporting companies, governments and development partners with market research, business consulting and growth advisory in Bangladesh (www.lightcastlebd.com).
The candidate will be based in Bangladesh for a period of 2 years working out of Dhaka (from the LightCastle office) and will visit regions with poultry activities across the country.
The Young Expert will be involved in project management tasks and support with technical advisory, demonstration and training activities. The candidate will work closely with colleagues of Larive International (Netherlands office) and LightCastle (Bangladesh office) to guarantee smooth implementation of the PPP and strengthen Larive’s presence in the poultry and livestock sector in Bangladesh and South and South-East Asia. The candidate will receive daily guidance and support (technical, project management, personal development) from the Bangladeshi and Dutch team members. Additionally, Larive-LightCastle will support the Young Experts with lodging, travel, insurance and IT matter.
Tasks and activities Young Expert
The Young Expert will support the Larive-LightCastle team with the following project management, business development and technical project execution activities:
Project management activities
- Act as the central point of contact for the PPP in Bangladesh.
- Guided by the Larive-LightCastle team, build and maintain relationships with the Project Partners and local stakeholders, including companies active in the poultry value chain (breeding & hatching, feed, farming, processing), retail/wholesale, distribution, the Royal Dutch Embassy, the Government of Bangladesh, donors, investors and impact funds.
- Support the effective preparation and implementation of the PPP activities.
- Gather data field for technical market & industry research and feasibility & investment studies.
- Support with the identification of trends & developments and technical & commercial opportunities in the field of poultry and livestock in Bangladesh.
- Guided by the Larive-LightCastle team and in cooperation with Dutch technical advisors, support the development (commissioning & installation) and operations (supervision) of demonstration facilities (hatchery, farms, slaughterhouse), to be established as part of the PPP.
- Provide hands-on support and training to stakeholders active in poultry breeding & hatching, feed, farming and slaughtering.
- Support the dissemination of the technical PPP results to internal & external stakeholders.
Job requirements of the Young Expert
- Dutch Nationality;
- Graduated (BSc/MSc) in the field of poultry/livestock/animal science;
- Up to three years (international) applied knowledge/work experience in poultry production systems;
- Strong English and Dutch communication skills, both orally and written;
- Ability to work with both private (business) and public (government) stakeholders;
- Analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills;
- A ’getting things done’ mentality;
- Enjoy a challenging environment that requires a pro-active approach, flexibility and the ability to handle setbacks;
- Willingness to live in Bangladesh for a period of 2 years.
How to apply?
YEP Programmes offers local and Dutch young professionals the opportunity to collaborate internationally for 1 to 2 years on SDG related projects while they are supported with professional training & coaching. Would you like to apply for a YEP position? Please make sure you have read the instructions and contact Iris Boom (email@example.com / +31 6 211 965 84), and she will provide you with the application details.