Larive is looking for a (Junior) Project Manager for its poultry sector project in Bangladesh, PoultryTechBangladesh.
Larive International, established in 1975, is a Netherlands-based international business development advisory firm specialized in assisting companies with developing and implementing market entry and growth strategies in high-growth markets (www.larive.com).
To support clients locally, Larive has local (partner) offices in 24 countries in Asia, Sub Saharan Africa, Central and Eastern Europe and Turkey, combined in the Larive Group. Larive’s office in the Netherlands is based in Zeist.
Our services include business and market intelligence, market entry and growth strategy development, transaction advisory and implementation support. Larive supports a wide range of multinational companies and niche SMEs, predominately active in the agro-food, automotive, energy (equipment) manufacturing industries. In addition, Larive initiates and coordinates clusters of companies active in various agro-food value chains with implementing projects in high growth markets.
During the past decade, Larive has established strong capabilities in the agro-food sector, notably in South and South-East Asia. In Bangladesh, Larive has initiated a public-private partnership (‘PPP’) between leading Dutch and Bangladeshi companies and knowledge institutes active in the poultry value chain. The goal of the PPP is to further strengthen the commercial positioning of the project partners in Bangladesh while contributing to local poultry sector development. The project is co-funded by the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Dhaka.
The PPP started on 1 April 2021 and will last till 31 December 2025. As part of the PPP, a range of activities will be implemented on behalf of and together with the Project Partners, including conducting market and investment studies, establishing demonstration facilities (hatchery, farms, slaughterhouse), providing training programs (breeding & hatching, feed, farming and slaughtering) and the organization of international visits (once international travel conditions will again allow).
Larive is looking for a candidate who will act as (Junior) Project Manager for this PPP in Bangladesh.
- Position: Junior Project Manager – poultry sector project
- Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Project title: PoultryTechBangladesh – Empowering the Bangladeshi poultry sector
- Duration: 2 years
As (Junior) Project Manager, you will be working on the PoultryTechBangladesh project as part of a wider Dutch-Bangladeshi team. This team includes a Director, Project Manager and Junior Project Manager from the Netherlands and multiple project managers, consultants, research & marketing experts and a local Young Expert from Bangladesh.
Since 2020, Larive is formally represented in Bangladesh via LightCastle Partners Ltd, a data-driven business consulting firm, supporting companies, governments and development partners with market research, business consulting and growth advisory in Bangladesh (www.lightcastlebd.com).
You will be based in Bangladesh for 2 years working out of Dhaka (from the LightCastle office) and will visit regions with project activities across the country.
From day one, you will have the chance to interact with the team and the Project Partners. As part of project implementation, you will regularly visit clients and Project Partners, attend (networking) events and support the organization and coordination of meetings and training programs. Through close collaboration with the project team members, you will learn from the best practices of colleagues and develop international project management skills and capacities. Our work environment is international, exciting, and challenging. We value a close-knit team and provide support and coaching, whilst allowing you to take responsibility.
You will assist with project management tasks and support research, demonstration and training activities. Larive International has supported multiple Young Experts in the past, assuring you of daily guidance and support (technical, project management, personal development) from the Bangladeshi and Dutch team members. Additionally, the team will support you with lodging, travel, insurance and IT matter.
Tasks and activities Young Expert
The Young Expert will support the project team with the following project management activities:
- Act as the central point of contact for the PPP in Bangladesh.
- Guided by the project team, build and maintain relationships with the Project Partners and local stakeholders, including companies active in the poultry value chain (breeding & hatching, feed, farming, processing), retail/wholesale, distribution, the Royal Dutch Embassy, the Government of Bangladesh, donors, investors and impact funds.
- Support the effective preparation and implementation of the PPP activities.
- Gather field data for technical market, industry research and feasibility & investment studies.
- Support the organisation and coordination of meetings. Training programs and events.
- Support with the identification of trends, developments and business opportunities in the field of poultry and livestock in Bangladesh.
Job Requirements of the Young Expert
- Dutch Nationality;
- Graduated (BSc/MSc) in the field of economics / international business / agri-food / development studies. Affinity with poultry / livestock / animal science is a pre;
- Up to three years (international) applied knowledge/work experience;
- Strong English and Dutch communication skills, both orally and written;
- Ability to work with both private (business) and public (government) stakeholders;
- Analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills;
- A ’getting things done’ mentality;
- Enjoy a challenging environment that requires a pro-active approach, flexibility and the ability to handle setbacks;
- Eager to learn and develop international project management capacities;
- Willingness to be stationed out of Bangladesh.
How to apply?
YEP Programmes offers local and Dutch young professionals the opportunity to collaborate internationally for 1 to 2 years on SDG related projects while they are supported with professional training & coaching. Would you like to apply for a YEP position? Please make sure you have read the instructions and contact Iris Boom (firstname.lastname@example.org / +31 6 211 965 84), and she will provide you with the application details.
Young Expert Programmes
This vacancy is a position for participating in YEP Programmes. Please read the guidelines and rules before applying on our website:
If you have any questions about YEP or this position please contact the YEP Programme Bureau.
The YEP Programme Bureau can be contacted via:
The Netherlands Water Partnership (NWP) acts as the Programme Bureau’s lead agency.